East Haddam, CT
A diverse and creative professional with experience in graphic design, illustration, video editing, and 3d modeling/animation. Additional experience in writing, technical documentation, and project management allows for adept handling of both hands-on work and collaborating on team initiatives. Combines individual results with tactical leadership. Fast learner with attention to detail, keeping team goals in sight and always striving to improve. Core competencies include:
• Effective Communicator • Goal Focused • Accountable
• Technical Depth and Breadth • Strong Analytical Skills • Team Player
• Self-Motivated • Creative Problem Solver • Deadline Sensitive
• Cross Functional Coordination • Detail Oriented • Resourceful
• Adobe Creative Suite • Newtek Lightwave • Sony Vegas
• Microsoft Office Suite • Google Drive • Windows/Mac
• HTML • WordPress • Box
• Created interactive onsite training media, improving experience and content for attendees.
• Spearheaded process improvement for replacing online product photos with a gallery of 3D renders.
• Served as subject matter expert for brand’s design resources, training and managing over 200 assets.
• Created yearly sales videos for major industry tradeshows, viewed by thousands of attendees.
ASSA ABLOY, New Haven, CT: 2015 – Present
The global leader in door opening solutions
Marketing Multimedia & Graphic Designer
Perform hands on design work in both multimedia and print disciplines, including marketing and tradeshow videos, signage, sell sheets, catalogs, eblasts, and ebooks. Collaborate extensively on a 4-person design team, sharing expertise, ideas, and serving as digital / multimedia expert. Effectively interface with clients directly to manage projects, including design creation, feedback, and deadlines.
- SME for digital guidelines / projects, ensuring designers informed of best practices and updates.
- Spearheaded creation of monthly mail merged marketing report, leveraging design and technical skills to reduce client data entry time by over 75%. By pulling updated copy, charts, and image data from excel spreadsheets, the entire 9 page report can be quickly generated within indesign.
- Took initiative in design overhaul of internal timesheet systems, moving from multiple offline excel spreadsheets to an interconnected google drive system, auto-populating data across sheets and auto-generating reports, reducing monthly designer administration time by nearly 90%.
SENSOR SWITCH, INC., Wallingford, CT (acquired by Acuity Brands in 2009) 2006 – 2015
Occupancy Sensor Products & Technology for Lighting Control
Multimedia Project Manager / Graphic Designer: 2011 – 2015
Created multimedia for sales and education, working with software teams on design interface and layout, as well as designing standard marketing materials (sell sheets, instructions, icons, logos, etc.) Worked directly with vendors and internal product teams to manage all print and digital marketing projects, reducing turnaround times on edits, thus reducing the vendor’s billable hours.
- Collaborated with programmers on software/apps interfaces, streamlining the design process.
- Streamlined print vendor feedback, centralizing content management, reducing costs by 25%.
- Led effort to replace product photos with 3D renderings in software, creating consistency.
- Served as SME for Sensor Switch brand, documenting processes and training for handling of product assets, such as illustrations, diagrams, photos, etc., decreasing administrative work.
- Learned brand guidelines for over a dozen additional Acuity product lines during corporate realignment, ensuring all jobs were handled without sacrificing turnaround time or quality.
- Redesigned weekly report template, aligning with annual goals and reducing reporting time.
Flash / Multimedia Designer: 2006 – 2011
Created flash and multimedia training and marketing presentations for internal monthly training seminars, tradeshows, and website deployment, implementing brand guidelines and standardizing content presented.
- Overhauled internal training power points, creating streamlined interactive movies for monthly onsite training seminars, attended by approximately fifty sales reps and distributors, resulting in a substantial increase in the amount of educational content presented.
- Created 5-10 minute long videos for annual tradeshow booth at LightFair, the world’s largest architectural and commercial lighting tradeshow, viewed by thousands of show attendees.
- Added storyboarding, script editing, score selection, and audio recording to responsibilities, reducing workload of three other marketing associates by almost 10%.
NEW GENERATION EVENT SOLUTIONS, Orange, CT: 2002 – 2006
Event Management Consulting Services
Project Manager of Event Design
Managed client event management projects and building customized online event registration sites using Flash/HTML. Shared ownership and accountability for results with major clients, including U.S. Surgical, GlaxoSmith Kline, JP Morgan, and Gartner.
- Enhanced direct mail, email campaigns, and e-marketing pieces with client-branded elements, almost doubling click through rates for event participation invites.
- Designed and wrote a quarterly enewsletter informing clients on technology in the industry, garnering several hundred page views per release.
MARIANN SZUCS PHOTOGRAPHY, New York, NY: 2002 – 2006
Independent Event Photographer (Freelance)
Freelance Website Designer
Created online presence for this New York City based photographer, designing a website in HTML and Flash that showcased photos and gave potential patrons quick access to the full portfolio.
b-THERE.COM, Westport, CT: 2001 – 2002
Application Service Provider for Online Event Management
Graphically branded and built event registration websites in HTML. Effectively implemented an animated Flash invitation process, increasing engagement with clients’ attendees by offering an engaging way to view and receive their information.
eCRUISES.COM, Danbury, CT: 2000 – 2001
A Cruise and Travel Superstore
Redesigned, maintained, and updated the eCruises.com website, focusing on increasing usability and reformatting the design, ensuring the best deals were more prominent.
BA, English / Studio Art, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA