East Haddam, CT
A diverse and creative professional with experience in graphic design, 3d modeling, video editing, and animation. Additional experience in writing, technical documentation, and project management allows for adept handling of both hands-on work and collaborating on team initiatives. Provides the right blend of individual results with leadership on a tactical level. Fast learner with strong attention to detail, valued for keeping the team’s goal in sight and always striving to improve. Core competencies include:
• Effective Communicator • Goal Focused • Accountable
• Technical Depth and Breadth • Strong Analytical Skills • Team Player
• Self-Motivated • Creative Problem Solver • Deadline Sensitive
• Cross Functional Coordination • Detail Oriented • Resourceful
• Adobe Creative Suite • Newtek Lightwave • Sony Vegas
• Microsoft Office Suite • Google Drive • Windows/Mac
• HTML • WordPress • Box
• Created interactive onsite training media, improving experience and content for attendees.
• Spearheaded process improvement for replacing online product photos with a gallery of 3D renders.
• Served as subject matter expert for brand’s design resources, training and managing over 200 assets.
• Created yearly sales videos for major industry tradeshows, viewed by thousands of attendees.
SENSOR SWITCH, INC., Wallingford, CT (acquired by Acuity Brands in 2009) 2006 – 2015
Occupancy Sensor Products & Technology for Lighting Control
Multimedia Project Manager 2011 – 2015
Performed hands on design work, creating multimedia for sales and education, working with software teams on design interface and layout, as well as designing standard marketing materials, including sell sheets, instruction sheets, icons, and logos. Worked directly with vendors and internal product teams, managing all print and digital marketing projects, reducing turnaround times on both edits being produced, as well as the vendor’s billable hours.
• Collaborated with software teams on user interface and usability for software and apps, guiding designs and significantly reducing number of builds.
• Streamlined edits and feedback for print vendors by centralizing content management, reducing design outsource expenditures by 25%.
• Spearheaded efforts to replace product photos with 3D renderings in online software, significantly reducing costs and time associated with gathering consistently lit and framed photos.
• Served as subject matter expert for Sensor Switch brand knowledge, documenting processes and training for handling of product assets, including illustrations, diagrams, photographs, as well as specification and instruction sheets, decreasing administrative work by 15%.
• Learned brand guidelines for over a dozen additional product lines in Acuity’s product suite during corporate realignment, ensuring all jobs were handled without sacrificing turnaround time or quality.
• Redesigned weekly report template, aligning with annual goals and reducing reporting time by 50%.
Flash / Multimedia Designer 2006 – 2011
Created flash and multimedia training and marketing presentations for internal monthly training seminars, tradeshows, and website deployment, implementing brand guidelines and standardizing content presented.
• Overhauled internal training power points, creating streamlined interactive movies for monthly onsite training seminars, attended by approximately fifty sales reps and distributors, resulting in a substantial increase in the amount of educational content presented.
• Created 5-10 minute long videos for annual tradeshow booth at LightFair, the world’s largest architectural and commercial lighting tradeshow, viewed by thousands of show attendees.
• Added storyboarding, script editing, score selection, and audio recording to responsibilities, reducing workload of three other marketing associates by almost 10%.
NEW GENERATION EVENT SOLUTIONS, Orange, CT 2002 – 2006
Event Management Consulting Services
Project Manager of Event Design
Managed client event management projects and building customized online event registration sites using Flash/HTML. Shared ownership and accountability for results with major clients, including U.S. Surgical, GlaxoSmith Kline, JP Morgan, and Gartner.
• Enhanced direct mail, email campaigns, and e-marketing pieces with client-branded elements, almost doubling click through rates for event participation invites.
• Designed and wrote a quarterly enewsletter informing clients on technology in the industry, garnering several hundred page views per release.
MARIANN SZUCS PHOTOGRAPHY, New York, NY 2002 – 2006
Independent Event Photographer (Freelance)
Freelance Website Designer
Created online presence for this New York City based photographer, designing a website in HTML and Flash that showcased photos and gave potential patrons quick access to the full portfolio.
b-THERE.COM, Westport, CT 2001 – 2002
Application Service Provider for Online Event Management
Graphically branded and built event registration websites in HTML. Effectively implemented an animated Flash invitation process, increasing engagement with clients’ attendees by offering an engaging way to view and receive their information.
eCRUISES.COM, Danbury, CT 2000 – 2001
A Cruise and Travel Superstore
Redesigned, maintained, and updated the eCruises.com website, focusing on increasing usability and reformatting the design, ensuring the best deals were more prominent.
BA, English / Studio Art, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA